This recipe makes a wonderful, hearty soup that becomes so creamy with the couscous. Should you want to make it vegetarian, just leave out the Italian Sausage.
- 1 jar Cookwell & Company Red Pepper & Tomato Soup
- 1 package Mild Italian Sausage
- 1 cup Israeli Couscous
- 2 cups Central Market Organics Chicken Broth
- 2 cups Portobello Mushroom, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups Squash, coarsely chopped
Using scissors, cut sausage links into 3/4 inch slices and brown in a small amount of Olive Oil. Add Red Pepper & Tomato Soup, Couscous, Chicken Broth and Vegetables.
Bring to a boil over medium high heat, then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
Remove from heat and cover, let sit for 10 minutes.
More Chicken Broth may be added if you desire a thinner soup.
Garnish with Red Pepper Slices and serve with crusty bread.