This recipe uses Wild Caught Alaskan Cod. When using Wild Caught fish you get all the benefits of Omega 3s. Fish acquire Omega 3s by eating the algae in the water. Farm raised fish do not have this concentration of Omega 3s because they are fed grain pellets. Cod is a very light and flaky fish with a wonderful flavor. It is very light and not “fishy” and therefore is fun to cook because it will assume the flavors of the spices and condiments you use to prepare it.
We baked the cod using Panko bread crumbs to keep it good and healthy, while getting that good “crunch”. If you will notice, no salt or pepper was used in the preparation, all flavors are from the natural spices and marinade.
- Wild Caught Alaskan Cod Fillets
- 1 jar Cookwell & Company Fin & Feather Citrus Marinade
- Panko Bread Crumbs
- Adam’s Reserve Classic Italian Bread Dipper Spices
Ratio: 2 cups bread crumbs to 4 heaping tablespoons Italian Spices
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees; in the meantime, marinade Cod in Fin & Feather Citrus Marinade for at least 20 minutes. Mix Panko and Italian Spices together and then heavily coat all sides of Cod with the mixture. This means just remove the cod from the marinade, do not wipe off any excess, use it to attract the bread crumb mixture and hold it in place.
2. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper and place fish on paper, generously drizzle Ottavio Olive Oil over the fish – this will help brown the bread crumbs and the wonderful Italian olive oil with add flavor and moistness.
3. Place the pan on the center rack of the oven with a piece of foil loosely place over the fish. Bake until internal temperature reaches 135 degrees, then remove foil and return pan to oven, continue to bake until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees and bread crumbs are nicely browned.
Now you will need one jar of Robert’s Reserve Roasted Red Pepper and Onion Dip – the PERFECT condiment for this dish!
4. Remove fish from oven and place on serving dish and dress with the Roasted Red Pepper and Onion Dip. Yum – Yum Enjoy!